tl;dr: We position the lens at 165cm above the floor.
The pictures of the ALADIEN model apartment were created with the Insta360 Pro (Version 1). We have paid attention to the following things:
- Check camera height (165cm): We tried different heights (160-170cm). The height of 165cm is the least likely to lead to the feeling of being too close to the ceiling or the floor for n = 2 people.
- Check camera tilt (the tilt can also be compensated in the stitcher using position data)
- Select camera position in the room.
- If necessary, check the north-south orientation of the camera. (For censored photos, make sure that the focus of the camera (center of the image) is on the censored area. Otherwise, the Gaussian blur creates a cut edge on the left and right edges of the image).
- Alternative 360 ° cameras: The YouTube channel The 360 Guy was particularly helpful for choosing a suitable camera
- A 360 ° panorama head on the tripod allows you to take seamless pictures even with a 2D camera. (Moving objects here lead to undesirable effects more than with 360 ° cameras)
- There are also apps that allow 360 ° photography. (Moving objects here lead to undesirable effects more than with 360 ° cameras)