The aim of the research is to diversify the variety of possible solution options. We use different search strategies, different search engines and databases. This process is time-consuming, which is why we document and share research results in WiQQi. This makes documentation and traceability easier. The research raises questions that we want to record as criteria in WiQQi and to answer with experience.
- The basic idea of WiQQi is to "research" in practical experience. It starts with the solution used so far.
Practical example cucumber jar: In the past, the jar was opened by opening the jar with one hand and opening the lid with the other and turning it against each other.
- Workaround: The existing solution was to open the cucumber jar with two people: Person 1 holds the jar with two hands, person 2 turns the lid with two hands. ⇒ The applied force and the applied friction have been increased - but also the number of people required and thus undesired dependency.
- Other approaches:
- Insert lever: An enlarged lever increases the existing force by turning back more way (e.g. belt wrench, adhesive tape)
- Reduce effort: By balancing the pressure, the vacuum in the glass is released or reduced or lid friction is reduced, thereby reducing the force required (e.g. hot water application, breaking the vacuum or pressure equalization)
- Increase friction: By drying / cleaning hands, rubber spacers etc., the friction between hand and glass is increased.
- Release hand: Clamping and holding devices can also release a hand, so that only the lid or glass has to be held.