In WiQQi we work according to the approach of laboratory, community laboratory and real laboratory. This approach can also be understood as a Pareto approach and has proven itself in practice. In other words, we develop a sufficient basic structure before we expand the group of people involved.
The starting point for work in the laboratory is always a specific problem-target-resource constellation in individual cases. This need is the yardstick for assessing laboratory work.
Similar and different solutions are compared in the laboratory. This creates a basis of knowledge and experience. On this basis, criteria are formulated and concepts and methods are developed.
The laboratory is a protected test environment. Here the use of solutions is simulated and reality is thought ahead. In this way, we can relieve practice together. The tasks of the laboratory are:
- Familiarization: We work into solutions centrally and adapt the solutions to the specific individual case that needs to be solved. So we are gaining initial experience.
- Diversity of perspectives: The person who has worked in can present the solution (or solutions) to other people. These people benefit from the first experience - and can also contribute their perspective and experience.
- Range and limits: The aim of the laboratory is to work out the range and limits of a solution.
- Documentation: We particularly like to document via video - this makes knowledge easy to share.
- Criteria: Particularly important findings are brought to the point in the form of criteria and discussed together.
The laboratory is currently based in the WiQQi studio. In the future there are further laboratory locations that are characterized by the fact that cases are systematically processed and organized there.
The Citizens Laboratory is the critical authority for the laboratory. It stands for diversity of perspectives and large numbers of cases in the area. In the Citizens Laboratory, criteria and concepts are checked for comprehensibility and gaps. Missing solutions are supplemented cooperatively and collaboratively.
Practical evidence is created in the Citizens Laboratory because solutions are tested, applied and reflected on using a uniform method. Criteria can be supplemented and condensed from the impulsive assessment in the context of different life situations and biographies. Practice shows whether the experience from the laboratory really applies. It shows whether the range and the limits of a solution were correctly assessed. It shows where the reflection and the criteria-based justification for a needs-based solution were appropriate - and where it was wrong or left gaps.
- Practical test: The Citizens Laboratory tests solutions in the concrete individual case of the initial situation.
- Scaling: The Citizens Laboratory also tests solutions in other, similar cases.
- Evaluation: The decision-making criteria can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of a solution - if not, the criterion can be evaluated, improved, supplemented or condensed.
- Practical Evidence: The Citizens Laboratory is thus gaining practical experience - and helps us to create facts of assessment in addition to criteria as a reflection tool.
Citizens' laboratories form a dense network around and between the laboratory locations. Citizens' laboratories are characterized by the fact that they can plan solutions in a compact time and test solutions with a group of people.
In the interplay, the laboratory and the Citizens Laboratory complement each other. In the vision of WiQQi, they are brought together in real laboratories. The aim is to evaluate solutions in real situations in a methodically controlled and comprehensible manner. This enables impact measurement with large numbers.
In the laboratory and Citizens Laboratory, we can not only develop new knowledge together. By using the knowledge e.g. sharing via social media, we also have the opportunity to learn from other people who already have in-depth experience with a problem or with a solution. In the vision, we work in WiQQi so networked that we have direct and fast extensive experience that is methodically controlled and comprehensible, e.g .:
- Frequency: How often does a problem occur?
- Specification: What are the characteristics of a problem?
- Solutions: Which solutions solve the problem?
- Effects: What are the desired or undesirable effects of these solutions?
Reaching real laboratories systematically is currently still a visionary part of WiQQi.Real laboratories could be reached via the home care actors, counseling facilities or on their own via social media. Like all aspects of WiQQi, the desired and undesirable effects of this approach must be reflected on ethically and professionally (including legal dimensions).